Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

July 31, 2014

Asteroid Dejanira "The Place We Are Victimized"

Share

My mother's birthday quickly is approaching and it's stirred some serious memories. One being my next door neighbor telling me what an amazing person I was for helping take care of my father before he passed. It was the first time anyone acknowledged to my face the abuse that occurred in my house. As a kid I always wondered if you could hear the yelling and crying that went on. The picture above is how I spend from age 6 until 14, when I finally went back into foster care.

My mom was always at work, so she never really saw what went on. I hated her for years in my late teens and early 20's. How could she not know? I really don't remember when I decided to forgive her, I just know I did. Even with the background I had with my father I still helped my mom take care of him, so he could take his last miserable breathe at home. It was a hard thing to do. Truth be told, I didn't do it for him, I did it for her. The last thing he did before losing consciousness was spit liquid morphine in my face. Yup, a an asshole to the end.

I used to think his head stone should have said "Here Lies Another Angry Black Man." Funny, I turned around and married my dad, only half an angry Black man, maybe it's his German side that's angry. It's very possible, have you had German food? Come on, liverwurst, bloodcake... Southern Black food is gross too, pigs feet, yuck!

This started my thinking about the parts of our charts that show the possibilities of victimhood. What I found was startling. For those who are not familiar with Greek Mythology, Dejanira was the wife of Hercules. She was kidnapped by Nessus, who tried to force himself on her. Of course Hercules killed Nessus with a poisons dart, it's Hercules. Since Dejanira was the victim, you can guess where Nessus falls we tend to victimize. Ying and Yang.

As I searched through all the charts I have, I noticed where Asteroid Dejanira fell, especially aspected to prominent points, was a place victimization happened or is continuing to happen. No one can ever say they haven't been taken advantage or victimized in way or another. For me "Victimization" is a theme in my chart. My True Node is conjunct Dejanira in the 9th house. The 9th house is the house of Understanding. I have always felt like people don't understand me. Growing up my father never tried. This theme doesn't give me a life sentence of victimization, it means until I learn my spiritual lesson I will fall victim. Just as my Nessus falls in my 5th house of Children. I could have grown up and been my father, but I was very conscientious to not do that very thing.

A gentleman I know has his Dejanira on the cusp of the 2nd house of Possessions, 2 degree orb. His ex wife drags his ass to court just to siphon money out his pockets. To make it worse his Dejanria is square Mars. This means it's a challenge for him to take action against such acts. The other part of this aspect is the house placement, possessions also include our feelings, self-worth, and values. Most people think about possessions in tangible terms, but there are plenty of things that we own that aren't tangible. We could extend this to how we define ourselves. Social standing is influenced by our ability to earn, especially for a man. Personal and romantic relationships are effected by this as well. So in a sense she is siphoning his sense of self. Hopefully one day he challenges his Mars and finds away out.

Another friend of mine has her Dejanria conjunct her True Node in the 4th house, the house of Roots and Home. This is very true for her, she has been a victim of many things, but also her family. This house represents more as well, it represents self. So at times she can be a victim of herself. Until she integrates the lessons needed, she will continue to be a victim of her chosen circumstances. The Ruler of the 4th house is the Moon, the mother. She has had lots of issues with her mother taking advantage of her. The 4th house also deals with the subconscious, the Imum Coeli, bottom of the sky. Another concept of self.

The examples could go on, but needless to say we each have a place that we have fell prey to others. Integration of lessons and changing how we normally operate is key. Only when we leave our comfort zone do we grow.





4 comments:

  1. What would your opinion on the True Node conjunct Dejanira in the 12th house of Aquarius be? It's also intercepted, I don't know if that would influence it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article....I just came upon the concept of being a victim and Dejanira today....have it in Aquarius on the 3rd/4th.....family issues, abuse, etc. Also have tons of Scorpio 12th house placements.....Ascendant, North Node, Neptune and Mars (unaspected) and a Pluto conjunct midheaven in the 10th (treachery in my career).

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a way to interpret Dejanira when you don't have a person's birth time, and therefore don't have the houses? What would that look like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting, Nadia! My Deianira also falls in the 9th conj NN...I find very accurate what you say about not being understood. You´re right, it´s when we understand our spiritual lessons that we start to feel free of our victimization, it takes time though. For me, having good aspects between my personal planets and neptune, jupiter and pluto brings me a path to connect with my higher self and for awareness but it takes time. For me, I think transiting uranus opposition natal uranus is being the time to shake off these old patterns and rebirth

    ReplyDelete